Couponing Tips Background
Since the recovery of the economy has been slow and the cost of everyday items have continually gone up; everyone needs to save money. So start first by looking at the local newspaper ads and online for the right type of couponing sites that you need. There are plenty of couponing tips at online websites for free although many require a person’s email address along with a specific download of software or coupon data base to print out the coupons. These websites may have the coupons you need but be aware once you register to their site the ongoing annoyance of emails will probably triple as spam email. The technology of the World Wide Web and internet has allowed the stores and manufacturing companies to place thousands of coupons for customers to use. The latest coupon database is user friendly and a couponer’s friend by reduce the hunt for the items you attend to buy.
However, at the beginning of the process of placing coupons on the internet companies had to worry about scams, fraud of the original coupon, identity theft and abuse a decade ago. The advantages of newer technology have increased security and customers can now follow numerous coupon sites through blogs, Facebook and Pinterest.
Useful Couponing Tips
Many of us go to the store to buy the necessary or everyday items like shampoo, toilet paper, toothpaste, disposable diapers, pet food, baby food, breads and prepackaged food. So, why not save some money at the register by having the coupons for those items. You may be surprised at the amount you can save and still have the products you need for the family. Here are some good couponing tips to use before going to the store.
- Before printing out coupons check your kitchen cabinets to see what you are out of and if you really need it.
- Make a list of items and groceries.
- Make sure you understand the stores policies when it comes to coupons, rain checks, rebates, coupon or price match and competitor coupons
- If the store has a loyalty card program. A good example is how many of the grocery stores are giving their customers points after buying a certain amount of groceries which can be used at a specific local gas station.
- Remember that many major stores have ads and coupons in the newspaper. I
- Start save the coupons in a small divided binder because many do have expiration dates
- Check the coupons to see if it states; how many you need to purchase to use the coupon or limit to one per purchase. In other words, can only use one coupon for the item.
- Watch for store sales and promotions of new items sometimes have a great price only if you are really going to use it or need it.
- Shop early in the mornings when the sales start so that you do not have to worry about the shelf being bare.
Watchful Eyes for Couponing Tips
It is always a good idea to start out slowly and be consumer savvy by stockpiling for the future, but be careful the marketing companies use today is to get you to buy the product no matter what so read everything. Couponing can be easy as long as the consumer like you pay close attention to these added couponing tips as a way to beware of how marketing is used in numerous stores. Here are a few things to pay close attention to.
- Most printed coupons expire in 30 days.
- Print coupons with a printer that has paper and a full of ink. If the ink is poor quality then it will be difficult to read the bar codes.
- Watch the cashier when they are ringing it up because some coupons are actually attached to the product. They may forget to take the coupon off.
- Check the receipt to make sure that the amount and discounts are correct.
- Limits are not always a good bargain. When the promotion or tag states 2 for 5 dollars check to see the volume and size are the same with a store brand. Then compare the price before purchasing the item. Stores like to do this with pop or soda products.
- If by chance you, the consumer has stocked piled the product and do not think it will be used by stamped expiration date then donate it to a local food pantry. They can always use the extra items for those who are less fortunate.
- Do not photo copy any coupon this is fraud and it is not worth any jail time.
- Many stores and companies no longer have double or triple coupon days so if a store does advertise such a deal just do not be overzealous are what you are buying.
These are only a few couponing tips that everyone should use if they are interested in keeping the extra money saved in their pocket.