Managing finances and tracking markets on the go used to be hard, before the creation of the app. Now there are plenty of great stock market apps that can be downloaded and installed onto any mobile device from the Google Play Store (GOOG) and Apple iTunes (AAPL). No matter if you need to find out the latest financial market news, check on your portfolio balance, or make a trade, there’s an app for that.
Some of the Best Investing Apps Available Today
- CNN Money Portfolio for Stocks is powered by SigFig and one of the best resources for analyzing portfolios. Users of the this stock market app can import their portfolio data from several of the most popular online brokerages and can even hold several different accounts that are held at different brokerages. It gets high ratings for excellent visualizations and charting features which are often called “insightful and intuitive”. Many comments say that it does a particularly excellent job of analyzing risk and performance by using over a hundred tests on your holdings and trading behavior to give the best possible personalized advice. This app is free for downloading!
- E*Trade Mobile is perfect for people who often trade stocks on the go. E*Trade (ETFC) account holders may use this free stock market app from their mobile devices to quickly input orders and receive execution confirmations with ease. The E*Trade Mobile App also allows users to track portfolios and access a lot of the data and research available through the E*Trade
- StockTwits acts very closely to a social networking app. It is also an investing app that allows its users to quickly communicate about news on the new market trends and the important companies the users care about. Users use this app by posting Twitter-like updates and can easily learn about which stocks are popular and trending based on what other users may be posting about. The app itself is mediocre at gauging market sentiment based on the user rankings of every stock. This stock market app is free to download!
- Scutify Sentiment is actually a spinoff of the Scutify app which uses data that is collected from its social network and popular posts which generate bullish or bearish sentiment calls for each individual stock on the market. Both of these apps are free for download.
- Scutify is another stock market app which is based off of a social networking app and is designed entirely around investing a financing. Scutify is an app that connects a community of investors who can easily communicate with one another and provide helpful insights. This app aggregates social media posts with currencies, commodities, markets, and relevant stocks and also allows users to interact with each other by collaborating on research and identify trends together. Scutify also offers stock trading for $3.49 per trade through the Tradier Brokerage API.
- Stock Market HeatMap is available to Android and is an easy way to visually gauge which sectors and companies are outperforming or underperforming the market. These companies are identified by color, and users can even post their own custom heat map to social media with Facebook or Twitter. You can upgrade to the Pro version to analyze fundamental data such as how stocks have reacted after earnings, analysts’ recommendations, price-to-book ratio, and price-to-sales ratio. This stock market app is free to download and the upgraded pro version can be bought for $4.11.
- Bloomberg for Smartphone offers users unique news, portfolio tracking tools, up to the minute market data, and analytical content. It also gives access to Bloomberg’s comprehensive multimedia news coverage and commentary, and makes available many commodities, prices, bond markets, stock markets, and more. This free app has comments that it looks very professional, “it has the look of the Bloomberg professional terminal that many on Wall Street are likely to be familiar with.”
- Jstock is a very easy to use app that provides users with real-time stock quotes, company data, news, and charts in a well-organized format. This is a great app and tool for the average investor because users can track portfolios or watch lists and set up alerts. The Jstock app has access to over 25 world stock markets and is constantly upgrading. It also is available in a desktop app for home or work computers that seamlessly integrates with the mobile You may choose to upgrade to the premium version to unlock additional charting tools and to remove advertisements. This app is free for download!
In this day and age, it is very easy to access the financial markets wherever you want, just reach into your pocket! Whether you need to find out the latest earnings or economic releases, check on your portfolio, or make a trade, you can always find the best app for you! The right information can be found right on your smartphone by using the stock market app that you decide works the best for you. There is a plethora of available financial apps available for download on your mobile device.