State and federal laws greatly affect your finances every single day. Some policies like the CARD Act are put in place to protect consumers while others such as the new FTC debt relief regulations are enacted to ensure that companies are running legitimate businesses. Make sure you understand how recent laws and government policies are affecting the credit & debt services that are available to consumers in the U.S.
- Benefits of the Credit CARD ActThe CARD Act protects consumers against some of the unfair practices used by credit card companies. Make sure you know what they can and can’t do now.
- CARD Act Loopholes That Can Hurt ConsumersThe CARD Act was designed to help consumers, but it hasn’t been universally beneficial. Learn the major flaws that can hurt your credit more than help it.
- Federal Student Loan Consolidation – Even if You DefaultedDefaulted federal student loans don’t have to ruin your credit. Learn what happens if you default and how to get a direct consolidation loan.
- Look Out for Loopholes in FTC Debt Settlement RulesSome debt relief companies are finding loopholes in the new FTC rules that regulate debt settlement. Learn what those loopholes are & what to look for.
- Loopholes in the New FTC Debt Relief Company RegulationsAre debt relief companies scamming consumers by exploiting loopholes in the FTC rules? Don’t get conned: see how some companies work around regulations.
- New FTC Rules Protect Consumers from Dishonest Debt Relief CompaniesNew FTC rules aim to protect consumers against deceptive companies. Discover how they help you avoid scammers & find legitimate debt relief companies.
- New FTC Rules Protect Consumers Seeking Debt ReliefUse our guide to learn about the new FTC Rules for debt settlement & how the new regulations work to better protect consumers using debt relief services.
- The Credit Card Debt Relief ActThe Credit Card Debt Relief Act has changed the way billing, interest rates & more work. Learn how the Credit Card Debt Relief Act protects consumers.
- The Debt Reduction Act – Important Facts for ConsumersFind out how recent federal debt reduction acts protect consumers and how they can help you better manage mortgage debt, credit card debt and more.